A Note to our Off-campus Customers
Selling theological books is not as straight-forward as it once was. The online world has changed the way we shop, and we have been trained to head straight to the bottom line, with minimal thought given to the dynamics behind the transaction.
Here at the bookstore, we are often asked why we do not sell books online. In past years we have, but with the rise of Amazon and other online sellers, combined with the high cost of shipping—often a big surprise for customers accustomed to “free” shipping—has made selling online difficult. At the same time, we also recognize that there are off-campus folks that appreciate the work that we do, and would love to support our ongoing work.
With this in mind, we are pleased to launch our new direct fulfillment site, Aerio. Thanks to our largest book distributor, Ingram, we are now able to make the same titles great titles you would find in our store available to our friends far and wide. All orders are fulfilled and shipped directly by Ingram, out of Tennessee, and every purchase directly supports us at the Regent Bookstore.
We encourage you to take a look at the site, and see what’s available. As a special introductory sale, we are pleased to offer a 20% off of ten select Regent Publishing titles . Just use discount code CHRISTMAS18 to save 20% at the checkout. You may be interested in browsing our collection of over three hundred Regent Publishing Collection here . Those of you who have, or plan to make a purchase, please let us know what you think! This is somewhat of an experiment for us, and we want to hear from you. Please note: prices are in USD.
- Writing the River by Luci Shaw
- Champagne for the Soul: Rediscovering the Gift of God's Joy by Mike Mason
- Christian Perspectives on Gender, Sexuality, and Community by Maxine Hancock (editor)
- Discipleship on the Edge: An Expository Journey Through the Book of Revelation by Darrell W. Johnson
- A Life of Prayer: Faith and Passion for God Alone by St. Theresa of Avila
- The J. I. Packer Collection by Alister E. McGrath
- The Transforming Friendship: A Guide to Prayer by James M. Houston
- Imago Mundi: Poems by Loren Wilkinson
- The Tao of Right and Wrong by Dennis Danielson
- In Darkest London: The Manuscript Journal of Joseph Oppenheimer, City Missionary by Donald M. Lewis
Lastly, at this time of year one is bombarded with appeals from so many worthy organizations. We are also asking for you to consider supporting the Regent Bookstore (and College) by downloading a $5 lecture (US $3.71) on Regent Audio. Here is a choice of 3 lectures that are top of the shelf from what I have heard over the past 30 years here at the College:
- "Who was Jesus?" by N.T. Wright
- "The Spirituality of Time" by Sarah Williams
- "The Life and Impact of C.S. Lewis" by Alister McGrath
By listening to one of these lively lectures it will help us as we seek to carry on serving in a bricks-and-mortar bookstore.
The peace of Christ be with you this Christmas,